This picture of the corner of Woodcliffe Crescent and Oxley Avenue 1940 shows …

This picture of the corner of Woodcliffe Crescent and Oxley Avenue 1940 shows Cambridge House which had operated as a boarding house from 1891 and the Arcadia Cafe which was built in 1933 . The owners further diversified the business into an insurance office and four flats . In later years a chemist and real estate office occupied the premises. The buildings and Cambridge House were demolished in 1971 (photo Redcliffe Museum)





Click here to view the original post.

Related Posts