WARNING: DISTRESSING IMAGES
A young Queensland man has detailed his permanent injuries and lengthy recovery from electrocution to warn others of the dangers of powerlines.
Dalby man Jason Daniels was 17 and working on a farm when the workplace accident left him in “pain and agony”.
Daniels said he and other farm workers were in a rush to prepare for the arrival of a grain truck.
He was moving a grain auger and expressed concern it could be too high given the proximity of overhead powerlines, but was told by his boss “we don’t have time” to lower the equipment.
The decision nearly cost him his life, with Daniels’ assessment proving tragically correct.